First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
And so what ?? How does it makes better/faster science ??
Remote facilities (big or small)
- file transfer and registration work allows moving data-sets with error recovery (no need to “pet” the transfer, get rid of mindless tasks)
- GridCollector does not require you to know where the files are, nor does the Scheduler (eliminate data placement task)
- Grid enabled cluster bring ALL resources at reach
Every day work
- Mind set change : collection of data (will fit some analysis, some not)
- Transparent interfaces and interchangeable components (long term)
- Hopefully more robust systems (error recovery already there)
Any other reasons ??
- The Grid is coming, better get ready and understand it …
- STAR is a running experiment with real data an practical needs (no sci-fi, plain real and harsh realities of the everyday life ...)