Optimization charge reco efficiency of 6-disk FGT if ITS/SSD are off
Using 40 GeV e- , geometry UPGR13
Updated: April 13, 2007
All plots on this page are produced for a single electron events with pT of 40 GeV/c.
- Details of analysis are given here.
- Input: one-electron events.
Generated electrons have fixed pT and varied: uniform zVertex [-40,+40] cm eta range [0.8,2.2] , and phi distribution, 30K events total.
- Sample of high pT electrons thrown from different zVertex location over eta range [1,2] are shown here:
Combined 3Z locations UPGR13 FGT geometry: Z1=60cm, Z6=150cm :
- 2D charge reco efficiency using all detectors (Vertex, IST1+2, SSD, 6-disk FGT, truncated TPC(nHit>=5), ESMD)
The ~horizontal black lines mark Endcap covarage. Vertical dashed line mark expected size of the interaction diamond.
- 2D charge reco efficiency without IST and SSD (Vertex 6-disk FGT, truncated TPC(nHit>=5), ESMD)
UPGR13 FGT geometry: Z1=60cm, Z6=150cm
- Change FGT geometry: shift to the left, Z1=24cm, Z6=114cm
- Change FGT geometry: spread wider Z1=30cm, Z6=150cm
Conclusions so far:
* Without IST & SSD we have problem for zVertex in [-30,0] cm and eta in [1.6,1.8]
* Shiftig whole FGT from Z1=60 to Z1=24 cm gives more uniform efficiency in comparison to spreading disks more appart.