Crate1 : LV Power supply (Bottom)
Crate2 : LV Power supply
Crate3 : LV Power supply
Crate4 : LV Power supply
Crate5 : LV Power supply
Crate6 : VME crate for HV Slow control and also Optical transmission
Crate7 : VME Crate for DAQ (Bottom)
Crate8 : VME Crate for DAQ (Top)
Checks before turning ON the Low Voltage:
Make sure that the Cathode High Voltage is ON.
1. Check the ON/OFF indicator on the high voltage panel.
2. It should be "green" if high voltage is ON.
Procedure to turn the Low Voltage ON/OFF:
1. Go to the Low Voltage window (it should be open on the terminal,
if not click
here for how to).
2. Click on crate 1 (it will turn blue)
3. Click on "Crate control" on the menu bar.
4. Click on "Switch on".
5. Follow 4, 5, 6 for crate 2.
6. To look at the voltage and current settings double click on either crate.
Follow the same procedures (4,5,6) for either or both the LV crates (of course choose "Switch off" instead of "Switch on").
Same procedures can be followed to monitor the parameters of the VME crates (crates 6,7,8) also.
CAUTION : DO NOT POWER DOWN TOP DAQ CRATES (Crates: 6, 7 and 8) WITHOUT CONSULTING AN EXPERT.
This will screw up the optical transmitter and receivers sitting in this crate. To reset them one needs an access.