This is the procedure to start the software
that runs on the DAQ PC and enables it to act as the TOFp to STAR DAQ and TOFp to
STAR TRG Interface.
| Related Documentation:|
- Seat at TOFp Station in STAR Control Room.
- Password Information (posted at TOF Station in STAR Control Room).
- Sit down in front of the Control PC at the TOFp Station in the STAR Control Room.
- Open a terminal window and make an ssh connection to
tofpdaq.star.bnl.gov (126.96.36.199). The username is
tofp and the password is posted at the TOF Station
in the Control Room.
- If you see the warning "This is a mini-System: please
CHECK FILE SYSTEM and REBOOT!" just above the "login:" prompt,
then follow the DAQ PC Reboot After Crash Procedure
first. This involves a reboot, so you will have to wait a few minutes for
the DAQ PC to come back up. Once it does, repeat step 2 to log into
the DAQ PC again.
- You can now start up the main TOFp DAQ program. At the UNIX prompt in the window
connected to tofpdaq.star.bnl.gov, enter the command:
- The DAQ program is now running. Minimize this window.
- Contact TOFp Control to inform them about
- Note the action in the Shift Log Book.
- Contact TOFp Control
with any end-of-procedure comments that are necessary.
Was this procedure successful? Is this documenation understandable and complete?