This is the procedure to check that the three (3) Low Voltage paths in the
TOFp System are drawing the correct current and voltage. The three paths
are to the TOFp Tray (10 FEE boards), to pVPD East (1 FEE board), and to
pVPD West (1 FEE board).
These voltage and current readings are indicative of the liveness of
the FEE boards at the detector side of each of these paths. Due to the voltage
drop over the LV Bus cables themselves, it is important to monitor
these voltages and currents to insure the "correct" voltages are
being applied at the detector side.
| Related Documentation:|
- Note that voltage settings at the power supplies exceed +5V and -5.2V
respectively, due to the voltage drop along the LV Bus cables.
TOFp LV PATH
- Locate the Kepco Low Voltage Supplies in Rack 1B-2. Use the
TOFp Rack map to see where these are if necessary.
- There are two separate supplies here. As you face the front of Rack 1B-2,
the left supply is the "+5V" supply, and the right supply is the "-5.2V" supply.
- Read the front panel meters and record the two voltage settings in Volts.
- Read the front panel meters and record the two current draws in Amperes.
pVPD LV PATH
- Locate the BK Digital Power Supply in Rack 1B-2. Use the
TOFp Rack map to see where it is if necessary.
- Read the Front Panel digital display and record the two voltage settings in Volts.
- Read the Front Panel digital display and record the two current draws in Amperes.
- Copy the 4 Current draw values and 4 Voltage settings to the Shift Log Book.
- Feel free to email these values to TOFp Control.
- Compare to previous values and alert TOFp Control
if there is a discrepancy.
- Contact TOFp Control to inform that
procedure is complete, and with any end-of-procedure comments that are necessary.
Was this procedure successful? Is this documenation understandable and complete?