STAR QM02 production plan
a "living" document...
Here, we lay out some milestones, the general plan, and have a place
to keep track of requests/needs of the various groups. Clearly it can
change, as we learn more, and as various folks yell at the PAC to get
So, 19 weeks between beginning of "real" production and folks flying to France...
- 21 Feb - initial "freeze date" for STAR library
- 22-25 Feb short test production
- 26 Feb begin (or continue? :) "real" production
- end of March - FTPC, SVT, SPIN groups estimate they
will be ready for good pp data
- 11-17 July STAR Collaboration meeting
- 18-24 July Quark Matter 2002
Some calibration issues - the very short list
Jamie has a much longer and detailed list, but here are some large issues
affecting the production, all to do with the Main TPC.
- Magnet short on day 317 (Tues 13 Nov) has changed "something" in the
corrections. Until this is chased down or re-calibrated, we should
only run pre-day-317 data.
- Gain calibrations for pp data are undone (or??)
- Indeed, Fabrice would like to revisit ALL of the gain calibrations ???
- Gap in pp data ~600 microns: Nobody feels this has a big impact on their
physics, so it will not be improved further.
Overall statistics to be run
See also the talk at the Feb02 Collaboration Meeting -
- Au200Au central - 3M at full field, 200K at half field
click here for available "good" statistics
- Au200Au minbias - 3M at full field, 550K at half field
- pp triggers - 10M
here to see "good" runs as requested by SPIN group
- Early production (incl test production 22-25 Feb):
pre-day-317 AuAu at both field strengths and polarities
- Around 25 Feb (or when we are confident things are OK):
runs 3023069, 3023070 and 3023071 - this requested by UPC at high
priority for double-pomeron check for upcoming workshop