If you use the "Conventional" Ganglia MDS Information Provider,
in addition to the installation and MDS
configuration instructions (which can be found at the
Ganglia MDS Information Provider page) you need to make a couple
of changes in the scripts in order to publish all the
expected info into MDS. What is expected info is
determined by the
GLUE-CE Schema. Some of the output of the Ganglia IP is not consistent
with the Schema and thus some of the provided info does not
get published into MDS.
This work has also been reported with the
Globus Bug Tracking System
(Bugzilla) in bug# 745.
The changes described here apply to the scripts which are included
in the RPM file ganglia-python-2.3-0.noarch.rpm.
After the installation of the RPM package (by default under /opt/ganglia)
and do the following modifications:
You also need to edit /opt/ganglia/lib/python/gmon/ganglia.py and
put in the name of the gmond server.
Change localhost (line 260) to the appropriate node name,
such as rcas6060.rcf.bnl.gov.
- GlueHostProcessorLoad1Min: to GlueHostProcessorLoadLast1Min: (line 208)
- GlueHostProcessorLoad5Min: to GlueHostProcessorLoadLast5Min: (line 211)
- GlueHostProcessorLoad15Min: to GlueHostProcessorLoadLast5Min:(line 214)
- GlueHostSMPLoad1Min: to GlueHostSMPLoadLast1Min: (line 222)
- GlueHostSMPLoad5Min: to GlueHostSMPLoadLast5Min: (line 225)
- GlueHostSMPLoad15Min: to GlueHostSMPLoadLast15Min: (line 228)
- GlueHostArchitectureSMPSize to GlueHostArchitectureSMPSize: (added a colon (:) at the end (line 232).
Testing the modified scripts
You should first test that the modifications that you made
did not break the scripts, by executing the IP from the command line:
(MDS must be in Capitals).
You must also have permission to access gmond. Your host must be listed
in the trusted_host list in the /etc/gmond file.
You do not need to make any changes in the MDS configuration other than those
Ganglia MDS Information Provider page. However, you should restart MDS and
use the grid-info-search utility to verify that additional Ganglia
info does get
published into MDS.
Stratos Efstathiadis - page was last modified