First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
Detector Geometry Description
Number of detector subsystems : 19 (not all necessarily included in a particular configuration)
Custom macro “geometry language” (*.g files)
- based on the obscure Fortran preprocessor called Mortran
- ideally suited for application-specific Fortran code structuring
- in many cases, helps circumvent limitations of Fortran
- can be of help with the GEANT learning curve
- has been successfully used in a number of projects
11+ k lines of geometry code, largely user maintained
volume numbering maps (not part of the geometry per se) are maintained separately in “g2t” files.
- Difficult to version and maintain.