First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
The Wonders of Spool
Spool is a work area for the batch system
- Info about your submitted jobs is kept there
- If you spool your input script, it is kept there too (copied at the time of submission, only then LSF directives embedded in a script are taken into account)
- Your standard output and standard error go there even if you send them to a local file - that’s where bpeek looks for info.
Spool can be overwhelmed if abused the same way as any other disk vault (it is a disk vault) and if there is no spool, the whole system stops.
E-mail from your jobs
- If standard output and error are sent to a file, there is no e-mail.
- On PDSF files larger than 100MB are dropped.
- You can ask to be e-mailed when your job finishes.