First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
Note that the DST files use structures that are unique to STAR
- is a three vector that can be used to take dot products, cross products and several other very useful functions
- is a state vector containing the parameters of a helix
- Etcetera, etcetera
These are classes from the StarClass Library
- SCL is a very comprehensive library of tools and beautifully written
ROOT has equivalent classes that do the same thing
- TVector3 is essentially identical to StThreeVectorF, etc.
- ROOT was a primitive beast at the time the StarClass Library was written and it did not have ThreeVectors. So we wrote our own.