This is the procedure how to turn on or off the High Voltage applied in the
TOFp tray. There are 41 slat assemblies inside the tray.
Their HV is provided by the "HVSys" System, which is a custom
system for TOFp and hence uses custom software for control and monitoring.
| Related Documentation:|
- Approval of TOFp Group.
- Access to STAR Control Room.
- STAR Shift Crew Training.
- Approval of Shift Leader.
- Sit in front of the TOFp Control PC, and open a terminal window. Then ssh to the
machine tofpdaq.star (the password is posted at the TOFp Station in the control
- Check whether the monitoring program is running. Enter:
if it is running, stop the monitoring program by entering:
TOFp HV OFF
- To turn TOFp HV off, enter:
TOFp HV ON
- To turn TOFp HV on, enter:
- Then restart the monitoring program by entering
- Wait 45 seconds and then check the status of the monitoring program by entering
- Restart the Alarm program. Either open up a session on tofp.starp.bnl.gov and
issue the command:
or point and click "HVsys Alarm" from the panel menu of the
tofp.starp.bnl.gov screen (preferably in the "TOFp HV" virtual screen).
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to alert the TOFp Experts.
- Contact TOFp Control with any
end-of-procedure comments that are necessary.
Was this procedure successful? Is this documenation understandable and complete?