17 Jan 2015: je
Power cycling the Trigger
- go to the slow contols machine, sc5.starp.bnl.gov, and launch the VME crate control panel by issuing the command vme_plat1 from a terminal window
- in the vme_plat1 that appears, locate the icon for the trigger crate that you wish to reboot. in the icon for that crate will be and on/off button. push OFF then ON
- if you need to power cycle all trigger crates; push OFF button for global trigger control icon then push the ON
- if you run into trouble contact chanaka deSilva (the slow controls expert)
- You can see if any processor is done by going to the startrg.starp.bnl.gov machine and clicking in its window and hitting return.
- If done, the prompt will appear.
The trigger should now be configured and ready to run.