The SSD fast
simulator is integrated into the
SVT fast simulator module : SVT Resolution Simulator
(SRS). The two main functions of the module are :
- removal of the geant space points falling outside the wafer active area,
- their position are smeared according to a given resolution.
A module specific to the SSD has
been developed in order to have a more
realistic description of the behavior of a silicon microstrip wafer :
the SSD Lazy Simulator (SLS). The main goal of
this module is to convert geant hits into sequences of amplitudes on strips.
In more details, this module :
The various steps, the objects used in SLS and the
sls_strip type are described here.
- take geant hits from the g2t_svt_hit table,
- convert the coordinates to a local u-v reference frame (according to
the strips orientation,
- remove hits in inactive areas,
- share the charge produced using a diffusion factor and a induction
factor (due to strip-to-strip capacitance),
- produce an output table of type sls_strip.
functioning properly but needs further improvements such as a dependence
of the amplitudes with respect to the incident angle of the particles and
the non-uniform energy loss through the material. This module is currently
not implemented in the official STAR library but the code can be found at
Last modified: Wed Jan 19 16:03:55 MET