This page contains information related to the simulation of the SSD in GSTAR.
SSD simulations in gstar
The SSD geometry for GSTAR formely described in the svttgeo.g file has been decoupled from the SVT and is now described in the sisdgeo directory
- The SSD volume Tree is available here
- This page contains the list of volumes and some information on their characteristics.
- Some drawings of the SSD geometry in GEANT can be found here
- Material distribution and radiation length plots with the new geometry are here
How to convert the geant Geometry into a root geometry ?
Type the following commands :
unix> staf -w 0
staf> make sisdgeo
staf> rz/file 21 sisdgeo.geom on
unix> g2root sisdgeom.geom sisdgeom.C
root4star> .x sisdgeo.C
which successively :
At this point, a TPad should be opened with a TView that can be manipulated (Front, Top, Side, Perspective, Parallel,...)
- load the geometry into staf
- save the geometry into a zebra file
- convert the zebra file into a root macro
- execute the macros under root
- set some drawing options
- draw the SSD mother volume and its daugthers